My 3 yr old has blisters around the inside of his mouth what could it be?

he has a few on the inside of his cheeks but they are mostly on the inside of his lips and gums they are small white and smooth....so what could it be? should i just take him to the dr?

n_o71605

Asked by n_o71605 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Kids' Health

• thrush
    or yeast
    maybe herpes 1?
    burdock root directly on it
    gaurdianangels

Answer by gaurdianangels at 10:33 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Maybe he's biting his cheek or lips? Or it could be canker sores. Do they hurt? If they don't get better in a couple days or get worse and hurt I would call the Dr.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:33 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• how many? could be canker sores, which means he needs some more calcium....if not, it may be hand foot and mouth disease. which is just lil blisters in those areas that are aggrivating and maybe a little painful, but wont make him sick. does he have them anywhere else? i would def call the dr though to be sure.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:34 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• depends, does he have a fever, did he have a fever? If yes then it could very well be the Herpingina virus or a form of hand foot and mouth. Don't give him ANYthing acidic like fruit or fruit juices as this will irritate the blisters.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:40 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I'm pretty sure it's yeast. Go to the doctor.
    texasmommy69

Answer by texasmommy69 at 10:49 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• To me it sounds like Hand Foot and Mouth , I would check his hand and feet, the palms for red dots. there are dif symptons, some have it worse then others. Fever, mouth ulsers/blisters, hand and or feet blisters. You do not have to take you child to the drs it will clear up on its own with in 5 or so day some times sooner.
    http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/revb/enterovirus/hfhf.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand,_foot_and_mouth_disease
    good luck!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 10:52 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I agree, it sounds like hand, foot and mouth... or a similar virus (there are a few that cause only mouth sores)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:22 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• i agree sounds like hand foot and mouth... there really isn't much to do for it other then some docs will perscribe a local lydocane to numb the blisters.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:30 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I was going to say Hand, foot and mouth too. Both of my kids had it. It isn't serious and will go away pretty quickly.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2009