Should my husband have to work because he is married?

I am so mad. my husband have to work on thanksgiving because he is married. The other worker is single mom. The manager told my husband he has to work because the other girl can not work because day care is closed on thanksgiving. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN DID CHOOSING TO BECOME PREGNANT WHILE SINGLE GIVE YOU SPECIAL TREATMENT.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• "A real job"??? HAH. That just kills me people think the only real jobs are ones closed on holidays.

I spent the last 2-3 thanksgivings alone. If you were in the same boat, I'd understand your frustration...
    Anonymous

• they could both easily work on thanksgiving, i'd make them both work personally or let them both off.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:45 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Get over it and have your Thanksgiving on another day. My parents have theirs on Friday every year. You really should try to be more compassionate. Her life is a hundred times harder than yours and you don't know the whole story of how she became a single mother...There but the grace of God go you...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Sounds like discrimination to me. I would make them both work or not work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• So she gets scheduled to work and then calls off because she has no one to watch the kid. The boss knows that is what would happen.

Bitter much?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I'd be pissed too. I was a single mother and I still had to go to work! My DH is the only one with a family at this job and he still has to work on Christmas. Well the boss is married too, but he's the boss so of course he isn't going to be there!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I guess, she'll just have to bring her kids to work. I know you'll complain about out horrible of a mother she is if she brought her kids to work too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• It's wrong that they are discriminating against a married man. However, if they can get by with just one person, then they should only have one person work and let them rotate. Before we had children, my husband always volunteered to work Christmas so those with little ones could enjoy the day. of course, now that we have kids, no one is doing the same for him. However, we don't regret it.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 11:15 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I'm sure she went to the boss with her concerns and asked to work something out and the boss, thinking he was helping decided this worked best. He *should* have spoken to all employees, offered holiday pay and see who was willing to work that shift.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• It's not soo much special treatment. If daycare is closed, then she most likely has nobody else to watch her child. She can't leave that child at home alone, so she can't work. If she does have someone to watch her child, and is taking advantage of this rule, then she's in the wrong. I think Thanksgiving should give everyone a day off, regardless if you're married or not.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:47 AM on Nov. 17, 2009