We need to add a name to a headstone....how would you word this?

Ok, so, my MIL past away in 2005 and on the back of her headstone my FIL wanted something special engraved on it...it says something like this...
"May the legacy of these who lie here live on forever through their children and grandchildren ( then it names the children and grandchildren) and says "and those who shall come after..." Now DH and I had another baby in 2008. And my FIL wants to add her name! She will be the last Grandchild for him. He doesn't want to leave her out! How could we word it? It can not be erased or engraved over...it has to be added after the last...
Any ideas?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 10:45 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• you could wite something like "the legacy continues... (insert new names)"
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I would just add it below like this

"NAME" born MM/DD/YYYY
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:17 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Hi Mamaada, if it means that much to him, I would just do it and add her name after. I understand it will look like a P.S. but basically IT IS and what difference does it make, I'd do it for your fil. It's sweet!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 11:21 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Yeah I think it would be cute to put her name right under the "and those who come after" because obviously anyone who sees it will understand she must have been born after the stone was initially engraved.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 11:38 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I really like AmaliaD's idea! Very nice wording and fits right in with what is already written.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2009