How old is too old??

My DH and I want to have another child. Our youngest now is 11. I am 35 years old.. by the time the baby comes I will be 36. Am I too old to start over?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Nope!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:58 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• no way i say do it again momma!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I personally wouldn't have any kids after 28. But if you think you could be able to handle another one then go for it. After 35 your at a higher risk of pregnancy problems.. I would think about adopting a lil baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Lol! My first was born at 30. I am currently 34 and due with #4 any day. I would have to say you are NOT too old. (IMO, if you have gone through menopause, then you are too old).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:01 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• no, as long as you're aware that you're at higher risks for complications, miscarriages and birth defects. you'll most likely need increased testing and more frequent visits. you also may experience infertility and may have to undergo various treatments that will be time, energy and money consuming. I don't say these to be negative, just making sure you're committed to the process as well as the product. If you're at a point in your life where you are ok with those possibilities and still feel that way- I think you aren't too old. One of my closest friends had her first at 36. She's a great mom. You just have to be willing to kinda put your life back on the baby track, and realize that it all ends no matter how many kids you have. So if you're doing it to complete your family and not fill a void, go for it! good luck!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 11:02 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My Auntie had a baby at 20, then at age 38 she went on to have four more kids. She was 45 when the last one was born.
    It is not too late for you to have another baby if you are up to the task. I had my first at 22 and then one at 29 and one at 30. We plan on having one more when I am 35.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:08 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I'm 36 and expecting baby number 4 after I turn 37.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• No your not too old, if you and your dh agree, then go for it! I'd say do it before your 40.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 11:30 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• No, I think you're about the right age. My mom started having children in her early 30's and she had four girls. Talk with your doctor and make sure everything is in working order. Then if you and your SO want to, go for it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:45 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My friends mom just had a baby earlier this year and she was in her mid to late 40s. I think your good! Just be aware of the risks. Gl!
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 17, 2009