Allergic to soy!

My 18 mo was just diagnosed with a soy allergy, and I am having a hard time finding anything without soy in it. Any of you other moms have to do a soy free diet? Any tips?

coffeemom86

Asked by coffeemom86 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• quick question.. how did you know he was allergic? i have had a hard time with my son's constipation and bad tummy and irritability and they will not test him for any type of food allergy since it is inaccurate ?? so now I have to go to a dietician - he couldn't handle whole milk at 1 and dairy makes him irritable and gassy so I sometimes wonder if the soy is doing the same thing but I don't know.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Maxsmom, he could be lactose intolerant. my daughters are as well as my husband. Same symptoms.

OP- there are some really good tips here
    http://www.evitamins.com/healthnotes.asp?ContentID=2454008
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 11:43 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• You need to read labels, and stick with simple foods: fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, etc. You may want to make your own bread (I picked up an awesome bread maker on freecycle), so you know exactly what is in it.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My son has a milk, egg, nut and sweet potato allergy. I am a member of this group on cafe mom for kids with food allergies and the ladies there are SO VERY helpful!
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/babieswithallergies

Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 4:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2009