how can I lose weight?

I am disabled and have a very bad back and arthritis all thru me, I had a c-section to, is there exercise I can do to lose weight? Im always in constant pain due to the disability. diets don't work..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• eat really really healthy foods and do whatever physical activity you can muster. try stretching
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Maybe you don't need to diet but eat healthier. I know swimming is really good for people with bad back, Knees etc.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 11:22 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Your food choices are important. In order to lose weight you must take in no more calories than you burn through your activities, keeping in mind not to take in too little. When you don't take in enough calories your body believes it is starving and will burn the calories more slowly.

Reducing your intake of sugar, white flour and other highly processed/refined foods will aid in weight loss.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Swimming is great. Eat less bread, starch, and more salads, veggies, and Also you must ask your doctor what would be best for you.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:27 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

There is a lot of evidence that certain foods aggravate arthritis, such as dairy and nightshades.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Yes to the swimming, My grandmother who is 94 has had a "senior swimming class" for as long as I can remember and she feels so good afterwards. It is a great workout without alot of stress on joints.

Eat healthy non-processed foods, cut out soda.

I think we all know we need to eat healthier and it is the only way to successfully and healthyfully lose weight. I know when I eat all the healthy stuff I feel so much better, I sleep better and feel more energetic.
    Anonymous

• Start slow, change one thing at a time. I would suggest you start with a light, heathy dinner with the correct portions. Do research on the web to see what a portion is. You should feel different, better, a little more energetic in about 1-2 weeks. You will probably wake up feeling great. After changing this one thing for about a month, and you start to FEEL it, add another change.

Look into fiber pills but be safe with them and read directions.

Eat healthier starches (whole wheat breads, potatoes, popcorn) early in day/afternoon and lean meats and cheeses in the evening. Then after awhile, cut out the starches. GL!

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I am a coach with Beachbody, I am 22 weeks pregnant and still work out and do yoga to keep the weight gain low and to stay healthy for me and my baby. I also drink on of their shakes called Shakeology it is wonderful and so so so healthy... So if i can do it anyone can lol.

My sites are

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/1healthymama
    http://myshakeology.com//1healthymama

Just so you all can take a peek.

I hope everyone has a great day
    Bershelle Jones
    WAH_Mama

Answer by WAH_Mama at 12:20 PM on Nov. 19, 2009