Brisket! Need help ASAP!

I am cooking this 5.62lbs brisket and this is a first for me! I am cooking it at 300 degrees in the oven and need to know how long it should take. 6 hours?

Also how long does it need to rest afterwards? Thanks!!!!!!!!!

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 11:40 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

• eatingI'd like to find out how yours is Shagbe4u it sounds interesting...coffee? texasgurl33 I usually place the brisket in a reynolds plastic bag add all my spices (basically whatever you want) I put salt, pepper and seasoned salt) add a cup of water so it won't dry out tie it and pierce your bag on top 3 to 4 times and place in oven for 4 to 6 hours depends on how fast your oven works just check on it kind of eye ball it oh and at 350 would be fine. Can we all come over...I'm hungry

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I cook a brisket wtih coffee. And I cook it for alittle over 2 hours ( depends on the pan) at 350. I would say letting it stand for 15 to 20 mins would be good . You just have to give it a try and go from there. good luck and let us know how it turns out.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 11:51 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• For that large of a piece of meat, you need to cook it for at least 4 1/2 hours. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In large, heavy roasting pan, add 2 envys onion soup mix (1 box), 1 tsp pepper, 1 tbs garlic powder and 1 1/2 tsp ground thyme and 4 c. HOT water. Mix well to dissolve soup mix. Place meat in pan, fat side up, and sprinkle lightly with pepper, garlic powder & thyme. Cover tightly with heavy duty foil. Roast for 4 hours, basting with juices every hour. Remove cover from meat and test for tenderness (a long-tined fork should go in and out easily. If necessary, cover & continue cooking, checking every 30 minutes. Once tender, remove cover & raise heat to 375 degrees. Allow to roast 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool in the pan for 30 minutes, the let rest for 15 more minutes before slicing.
    Anonymous

• To make gravy, melt 2 tbs margarine in a sauce pan. Add 2 tbs flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add 2 c. strained liquid from roasting pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low & simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened. Adjust seasonings. If too thick, add more strained meat juice til desired consistency.

WE DO NOT DO THIS IN OUR HOUSE. We just juse the pan juices
    Anonymous