Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just reported someone to CPS, but my phone died in the middle of the converstaiton, can I still remain anonymous?

Has anyone ever had that happen to them before? Do you know if they automatically keep you anonymous?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (15)
  • Um, just call them back? I don't know I've never reported anyone before but I think they normally don't disclose your information.

    Answer by Slinkee at 11:45 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

  • I can't call them back, my phone died! I have to wait about an hour before I can call them back. It's a home phone, not a cell phone.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

  • You can call them back when you phone is recharged. They don't act on these things immediately, sometimes it takes weeks.

    Answer by Slinkee at 11:54 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

  • You can report online. Mompam, you are legally obligated to report abuse and/or neglect, and if you don't you can be tried and face consequences.

    Answer by kenzie07 at 12:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

  • Mompam:

    This is the first time I reported someone. I did it because I KNOW without a doubt that this girl's step-dad has pulled a gun on her in the past, and I KNOW he would do it again if given the chance. It's also no secret that she's being abused. Why wouldn't you help a child who is being abused? That's heartless. We've done all we can to help that girl w/o getting the law involved, it's time for that now. It's sad to me that you wouldn't report someone if they were hurting their child.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

  • Call them back later when you can. However, depending on the seriousness of the allegations they may send a police officer to that person's house to do a welfare check immediately.

    Answer by texasgurl33 at 12:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

  • Call them back but block your number from showing up on caller ID. Then you don't have to worry about it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

  • Just call back *67 is hao you block your number I think. Or *69? IDK. I think it is good that you are reporting someone because so many people are too worried about the parents and dont call. More people should be that concerned about kids.

    Answer by amber710 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

  • Mom-pam, if you work ina health care field or legal field, you are bound by law or your liscense to report any possibility of abuse of any kind, neglect, unsafe situation, not obtaining health care, or physical or mental abuse. Some situations require immediate investigation like neglect and others may take some time, but if any child is in need of CPS, how will you feel if you don't report it and then a tragedy happens?

    Answer by seasidegrandma at 12:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

  • mompam wtf is wrong with you? I was being molested for 8 yrs and I prayed everyday some one would say something, because I was scared to. But you know god forbid some one report a father for forcing his 6 yr old to have sex with him. OH NO, nosy nosy.

    What a stupid bitch.


    Answer by clovismommy25 at 1:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.