8 years old child pain between chest and tummy what it it is? its a stomock ach or chest pain?

hi there, today in school my son has a pain between chest and tummy and that pain was hard but i gave him tylenol and some digestive home made medicine after five minutes he was ok eating every thing playing but scared of pain that was suddenly and pain full so am scared too before going school i gave him apple juice and a small friut bowl on empty stomoch because he wasnt agree to eat cereal so may be that was gas so i didnt go to the doctor giving him peptobismol and he is ok but my question is that is a serious thing i have to go doctor and go thorough all test process or just leave it am so confused if someone have any experience like that please tell me ill appreciate that alot .
thanks in advance.
sonia

sonia370

Asked by sonia370 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My 11 yr old gets indigestion/gas a lot. He was very colicky as a baby. We had some tests and ended up being told to use the Multi-Symptom Rolaids, they help gas, indigestion ect.. If that seems to help you probably have the culprit. You might give it a try. If something seems really serious take him to the doctor. We ended up going to the dr because it lasted awhile and I never dreamed an 11 yr old would have indigestion issues!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:12 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Did he recently fall down and hurt himself? My daughter once fell at the park and had terrible pain like you described and we thought that perhaps she broke her sternum; turns out she only pulled some of the muscles in her chest. She was sore for a few days and then was back to her normal self.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Nov. 25, 2009