8 years old son has a pain between chest and tummy is it stomock ach or schest pain?

hi there, today in school my son has a pain between chest and tummy and that pain was hard but i gave him tylenol and some digestive home made medicine after five minutes he was ok eating every thing playing but scared of pain that was suddenly and pain full so am scared too before going school i gave him apple juice and a small friut bowl on empty stomoch because he wasnt agree to eat cereal so may be that was gas so i didnt go to the doctor giving him peptobismol and he is ok but my question is that is a serious thing i have to go doctor and go thorough all test process or just leave it am so confused if someone have any experience like that please tell me ill appreciate that alot .
thanks in advance.
sonia

sonia370

Asked by sonia370 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Kids' Health

• It could be Gas or heartburn, could also be a stomach bug. Just keep an ear for the phone. Unless he turns blue, I wouldn't worry too much. But only you know your son best.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:54 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• If he continues to have the pains, TAKE HIM TO THE DOCTOR!!! It doesn't matter if he turns blue or not. Chest pains are NEVER something to fool around with, even in a child. My friends sister had a heart attack in Kindergarten and had to have a heart transplant. Safety is always first.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Sounds like he has an intestinal blockage. Give him a laxative.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• You need to take him to the Doctor. Does he have a fever? have the doctor check his lungs. My daughter had alot of pnemonia and she had horrible pain there, not trying to scare you but just have the doc check him asap! dont wait.
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2009