how often do you and your dh/so fight/argue?

lately my husband and i have been getting into serious fights and arguements every few days.......over our current money issues mostly. I dont work because we have a 6 month old baby and despite my arguement that i need to get a job due to his cutbacks at work he is insistant that i need to stay home with baby till she is atleast 1year. im sick of worrying about how we will make it and im sick of fighting about it....amongst other things. how can i ease these issues and stay home with the baby at the same time? i have been checking out the work from home internet jobs and they all seem to be bs. i need help......or atleast i need to know that this situation is normal for others too.

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 12:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• I know people are going to go arghhhhh but my DH and I don't really argue over anything. In the early years, yes their were arguements, mostly due to us both having to be right.
    I now take any situations that may come up and figure out a way to work it out that we are both happy or try to see if it really matters who is right.
    The money arguement is always tough - If he does not want you working then you both need to sit down and go over finances and see if and where you can cut out expenses. Maybe you could work a opposite shift job a couple times a week and he could watach baby that way you or him are still home with baby.

Al I know is when fighting starts there is no winner in the end, someone is always upset feeling like their feelings don't matter, try to diffuse the situation before an arguement starts.
    Anonymous

• Like little arguments we normally have a few a week, but they are stupid little things that we get over real quick. Big fights, normally we have about once a month to once every three months depending on what is going on, etc.

As for work, you can do little stuff like fililng out surveys, etc. they don't pay a lot, but it is better than nothing. You can also try selling Avon and those kinds of things, or get a part time job that you can work on opposite hours of DH, that way you're still home with baby except when he is there. Good luck and I'm sorry!!
    Anonymous

• SO and I have our moments of bickering or disagreeing but nothing ever extreme. we leave the room to cool off, talk it over and move on. SO and i have had discussions about money. I'm a sahm and often feel bad for not being able to financially provide. I always ask WHAT IF and stres myself out. But he and I know my staying at home is best and we get by with one income. It's a very tight budget and we are behind on bills, but we get by. we have a roof over our head, food on the table and gas in our cars. yes the wah jobs are bs "stuff envelopes and make $1,00 a week..." YEAH RIGHT lol. one job i know of which is legit, is Convergys. I used to work on site and they do directv billing. they offer wah positions, but you have to train on sight for 2 weeks and the environment at home has to be dead silent while you're on the clock.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• so and i have had a few "discussions" but only have ever had one true dispute. which resulted in a good, and much needed discussion... discussion is not a code word for argument. it is called talking. which we do, instead of fighting.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• i try to just have discussions with him but he thinks im saying hes irresponsible or that hes a bad husband and instantly gets on the defensive. believe me i dont like to fight....maybe im bringing things up in a bad way.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My husband & I don't fight. Seriously... it's been nearly 4 yrs since we've had a major - or even slightly significant - arguement.

As for your situation... if your husband wants you to stay home with the baby another 6 mos... then let HIM worry about the finances. Simple as that.

Sit down with him & your monthly bills. Figure out together how you can reduce those bills. High grocery bill? Switch to cheaper brands or use coupons. High electric bill? Unplug anything not in use & hole-up with baby in the bedroom all day to cut heating bills or spend 2-3 days/wk at the library or visiting with friends/relatives. Cut back on cable, internet, & cell phone plans.

If that's not enough, he can get a second job or maybe you can babysit in your home.

Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2009