reducing static in my hair....?

So it's finally getting cold here in Texas, which means my Hair is FULL of static, it sticks to my face and neck and makes me INSANE.. Im also constantly getting shocked when I touch anything metal! There has to be a way to reduce this, aside from rubbing a dryer sheet all over myself and smelling like Spring Rain the whole day! HELP!!?

AMsMommy212

Asked by AMsMommy212 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• OOOH use a hair serum, it is like oil but makes your hair shiny. Here is a good website.

http://www.johnfrieda.com/products/product_detail.asp?productLine=frizz_ease&pid=52

Anonymous

• I heard you can rub a dryer sheet on your hair..lol. I don't really have this problem so i haven't tried it yet...but maybe it works?
    babychappellmom

Answer by babychappellmom at 12:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Try using an ionic hair dryer. It makes a difference on my hair.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 12:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• What about a running a small amount of leave in conditioner through your hair where the static is? Would that make it worse or not?
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I do need a new hair dryer..lol could it be the brush as well? I dnt like leave in conditioners or hair serums because I have oily hair to begin with.. but if it stops the static. ill give it a try LOL
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 12:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• try "porosity control" by Roux. you can get it at Sally Beauty. There is a shampoo and conditioner, but just get the conditioner and on your dry hair use a dime size amt, rub it in your hands like lotion and the run your fingers through your hair, avioding the first inch from the root (you really wont need it on the root). That should work, and it smells really good!
    joaniedanger

Answer by joaniedanger at 12:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• thanks joaniedanger!
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• you're welcome!
    joaniedanger

Answer by joaniedanger at 2:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• i have heard to spray your brush with static guard, or you can use the dryer sheets.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• That is so funny I also live in Texas and just the last few days I've had to break out my winter hair products too! I use the Advance Techniques dry ends serum from Avon. Its great for fly away staticy hair! I use it on my hair when it is still damp before I blow dry. A drop or two is plenty so the bottle lasts forever! www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code fsany for free shipping!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 10:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2009