nervous...

my 20mth son( I love him dearly) has shots on Friday, but they are his 12mth shots! They were delayed becuz of my own concerns and insurance problems also. I didnt mean for him to be this far behind, and I'm scared the Dr. may get on to me! Has anyone else's child been late like this? Is it ok? I hate the shots anyway so any advice or opininons would be appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it is ok that time is just for gudie lines i was very worried about 12 month old shots because of the mercury and ausim in my family so we delayed for 6 months and the doc never said anything to me its your choice you dont have to give them to do i know people eho have said no to all the shots and there kids r fine
    pynki1985

Answer by pynki1985 at 12:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• my sis just took her son to the doctor because he got a small burn on his finger from a curling iron(i know....irresponsible) but he was 1 year behind on his shots and had to get a couple extra. the doc didnt get on her though although she was embarrassed.
    Anonymous

• You shouldn't have any problems. We delayed our son's and he is now 2 1/2 years old and hasn't gotten them yet. Just remember, the doctor works for you! You are paying him for his services. It is very unproffesional of him IF he were to harass you about it. We have a family doctor who respects our concerns for our children. He doesn't always agree, but respects us!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I delayed a few specific ones and my doctor is fine with it.. don't worry.
    Anonymous

• It's not a big deal and not uncommon. Don't worry about it. The doc will let you now of any catch up and what can and can't be done at this appointment. You are welcome to voice your concerns and refuse any. If you aren't, pick another pedi :) But there are all sorts of reasons for being behind on shots or not having them at all.
    Anonymous

• I fell way behind on my son's shots. And not for a good reason, just because he's my 3rd and we are so busy it's hard to fit everything in. Don't worry, they won't say anything. They've seen much worse mothers than you!!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• We don't vax, my doctor harrasses me at every visit. I don't care. :)
    heydooney

Answer by heydooney at 2:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I am in the same boat because of insurance purposes. Your doc will be happy to answer your questions about catching up. Use your instincts about doubling up and you are in charge of what shots and how many are comfortable for you and your son. I personally dont like the idea, but that is for you to decide.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2009