Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i have another baby?

i have three blood clotting disorders and i have to take shots for them every day twice a day and i also have a misshaped utares that is also down far and i have had bad hypertension so every one on his side of the family is telling me that i should get my tubes tied and not have any more children he is to scared for me to help make the chice with me but me i want to have one more baby i want to know what you all think about it because i think if i talk to outher people i can make the right choice

Answer Question

Asked by newmom461 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 2 (10 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • If you want another one and the doctors gives a thumbs up, then I would. Otherwise I wouldn't risk taking your baby's mommy away from them just to have another. You should try to adopt.

    Answer by Jademom07 at 12:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

  • I think you should talk to your Dr. and see which choice they say would be in your best interest. If they say it should be safe for you to have another baby and you want to you should! You're the one that will have to go through everything. Good Luck lady!

    Answer by babychappellmom at 12:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

  • i don't know much at all about your medical conditions, but if you have an OB you trust, hopefully s/he can tell you the risks involved. if you do decide that having another biologically is too risky, perhaps you could look into adoption. i know that is NOT an easy road at all, but even if you do decide that health-wise having a baby isn't right for you, that doesn't mean you can't have more children. :)

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

  • I agree with the others. I think this is a decision you and your doctor need to make together. I would say if the doctor is against it then I wouldnt risk it. The thing that concerns me is that you say you have hypertension. This can lead to preeclampsia which can cause so many problems for you and the baby including a mandatory early delivery, or possible seizures or even death in you. You have to figure out if the risks are something you are willing to take. If it were me, I personally wouldnt have anymore, but thats me. I would say talk to your doctor and see what they say. They may just make you a high risk pregnancy and keep a very very very close eye on you, in which case you will probably spend most of te pregnancy on bedrest, or even in the hospital under constant care. Im just trying to play devils advocate right now and show you some risks that may be involved. But def make an appt with your doc before deciding.

    Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.