How can I gain more weight?

Im 7 months pregnant and I went for my monthly Dr appt yesterday. I hadn't gained a single pound since my appt last month and Ive actually only gained 3lbs since Ive been prgnant. I was normal weight and not fat or overweight before I got pregnant and I am ALL belly now. I gained 38 pnds 4 yrs ago with my first DD. The Dr didn't seem too concerned since my belly is measuring where it should and so is the baby but she said basically the baby is taking all my nutirion and energy and thats why I'm so tired. I eat ALL the time and I eat ALL different varieties of food so I have no idea how I havent gained anymore weight than I have. I eat fruits, vegetables, pasta, meat, and there isn't very much I dont eat or like. The only thing with my diet that has changed since Ive been pregnant is I cannot stand fast food like McDonalds...it doesnt sound appealing at all and before I would run and grab something at lunch when I left work.

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• imo as long as you are eating healthy and not trying to restrict your calorie intake, you are fine. =) i guess i agree with your doc.
    Anonymous

• I just wish I wasn't so drained all the time bc she said with the baby taking all my energy and nutrition since I'm not gaining any weight it'll make me tired and wore out :(
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 1:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• sorry i missed the bit about the low energy. that could also just be a pregnant thing. i know i was exhausted a lot during pregnancy. some snacks that you might want to try are nuts, eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, hummus with veggies or pita, some kind of organic granola/bar.

gl!
    Anonymous

• those are supposedly high energy snacks :) and healthy ones for pregnancy too
    Anonymous

• high calorie foods like cream chease, whole milk, cottage chease....my daughter si underweight and wic told me that high calorie foods should steadily bring her weight up.
    Anonymous

• Try getting the weight gainer from GNC. High protein foods, always have a shake or smoothie in you had.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Have they checked your iron? Weight isn't the problem, it's energy!

Emergen-C vitamin drink packets are AWESOME. You'll get a C and B complex boost. You and the baby need it.

If you have a cast iron skillet, use it. It'll boost your iron. Also eat more spinach and kale and broccoli and beans when you can.

Are you getting enough water? If you are dehydrated, you'll feel bad no matter what.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2009