How do babies know when to dance?;

Maybe I am the only one that things about stuff like this...And I know its a dumb question....and I might be a target for all those bashers and people having a bad day...but please dont bash me. This is a "just for fun" section anyway.

So I have a 10 month old, and I turn on the TV at 10 o clock everyday to keep him occupied while I clean the kitchen. Diego comes on at 10 and EVERYTIME the music starts, my baby jumps up and starts dancing, and gets oh so excited!! Its very comical to watch. He loves to dance.

I was just wondering how he knows to do this? I dont think he has ever seen me dance so I dont think he learnt this from me. Is it something he was born with? Like the ability to laugh when I make funny faces? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My only guess is that sometimes when you go to a store and you hear some music and you just get a feeling to start dancing, maybe it works like that.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Have you ever heard a song that makes you want to start dancing, no matter where you are? I think it's kinda like that, babies hear music and they like the sound and it makes them move. Kind of like when you you see something from the corner of your eye you think is going to hit you and you flinch. You don't learn to flinch, you just do.
    Anonymous

• its just natural to move to music. my six month old dances in her jumperoo and her sisters were the same way as babies. all my kids love todance.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 1:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• It's in his spirit to dance to music that cheers and uplifts him. We are all born with the innate sense to celebrate life, love, and music through song and dance.
    They are so darling when they just begin doing things we've never taught them - especially dancing.
    :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• They maybe see other characters on cartoons do it? It's a good question.
    Anonymous