So why does my 2 1/2 month old keep eating her hand??

Is that normal????

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 1:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes... she may have done that a lot in the womb. My little one now 7 mo. has been doing that since like day one. The only way i know she is teething now verses then is cause now she won't sleep at night. FUN! lol :)
    ninawiseman87

Answer by ninawiseman87 at 1:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• yes thats normal. She may be hungry or just trying to soothe herself. Does she take a binky?
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• That's an early sign of hunger :) Feed her when she does that, starts rooting around and looking for you. Don't wait until she cries for it, by then she's starving.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Could be a sign of hunger. But my son chewed and sucked on his hands from the moment he came out of the womb and still does once in a while and he will be one in a week. Its a sensory stimulation. They get to feel their tongue and such. And when they get a lil older everything they find will be in the mouth.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 1:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• my 3 month old does it but its just to keep herself busy. I think its cute and yes its normal
    lilangel_4206

Answer by lilangel_4206 at 1:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2009