How do I get out of my karate contract?

Yes, I signed a 6-month contract for my kid to take lessons. He was excited at first and now shows 0 interest. He's 4 years old and he does not "get" it. I'm trying to be very patient and encouraging, but I feel bad that he doesn't want to be in the class. Any advice on how to move forward?

MissV.

Asked by MissV. at 1:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You're probably stuck in the contract, which is why those places do them in the first place. Sorry!
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 3:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Read the contract thoroughly. there may be a clause that says you must pay so many months or a certain fee if you want to break the contract. Talk with the karate place too as I am sure you are not the first parent to go through this. All the places around here I know of have a 30 day trial period before making you sign a contract.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Have a conversation with the instructor. Maybe they can do something to help you out to get your child interested.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 5:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• This is the reason they want at least a 6 month contract. It kind of forces them to go for at least that long giving it a fair shot and so the kid and parents can make an informed decision if it's right for them or not.

My sons are getting ready to start Tae Kwon Do.
    Anonymous

• I would take my osn and tell hin he has to finsh out the 6 months when that is up then he will not hav eto go back again.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:07 AM on Nov. 19, 2009