Scheduled repeat (3rd) c-section, measuring ahead & baby is breech?

Has anyone had any experience with this? I went in for an ultrasound yesterday & am measuring 1.5 weeks ahead (I'm currently 35w 4days). My c-section is scheduled for 12/8 (due date is 12/18). I'm not sure if my dr will want to move up my delivery day or not.
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with something like this?

Lashes92

Asked by Lashes92 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, my baby was breech at 37 wks. I scheduled a c-section (this was recommended by midwives!) and I went into labor the day before our scheduled section. My baby never turned, as many suggested she would and I was in labor for about 9 hrs. It's not so bad. I really had no choice!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My baby was breech, and I had a scheduled c-section. I think you will be fine with the dates you have planned.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• i would be very nervous about having the c-section any time before 12/18. a major cause of infant death in our country is c-section before due date. many times the doctor estimates that the baby is big and ready to be delivered but there is no way to be sure until s/he is born. it is unlikely that your baby would die but s/he could be in the NICU with breathing problems if baby is less developed than though. it is obviously all up to you, but if it were me, and i had to have a c-section, i would wait until baby was due. actually i would just go into labor natural, and if c-section was really necessary, do it then. :) good luck! but definitely that is already TEN days early so i hope that you do not decide to move it up more than that. i don't think any doctor would suggest that. i hope...
    Anonymous

• I would never move it up based on a late ultrasound, only early ultrasounds are reliable for determining gestational age. In my opinion its already planned to early and moving it up is a very bad idea, i don't see why the position of the baby matters since you are going to have a c-section anyway.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 2:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2009