4 year old acting up and i dont know why, what can i do to help her?

My daughter abby has been acting up a lot. she is gettin worse as days go by no matter what i do. she has been lying to me constantly about anything an everything. i tell her to pick up her toys and she wont. took me almost 2 hours to get her to pick them up one day. she back talks me about everything, tells me what to do. it doesnt matter if i spend all day playing and including her in things such as laundry and cleaning or not she still does it. she is now starting to throw toys around. she runs and hides or tells me i am mean and she doesnt love me when i try to correct her for doing things she knows she is not suppose to be doing. i have tried time outs, i have taken almost everything out of her room, i have tried spanking her and i have tried to talk to her and i get nothing, she keeps doing this all the time. does anyone have any suggestions on correcting her or things i can do to find out what is bothering her?

PoodyRae

Asked by PoodyRae at 1:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well, 4 year olds lie, I wouldn't worry about that too much. When she tells you a lie, let her know you know it isn't true, ask her if it is true or a story. As far as punishments, and making her do what you want her too; just pick one of the punishments you have tried in the past. Which ever one you feel most comfortable with, then just stick with it.....every single time she does something wrong you do the punishment, you be consistant. She'll learn what to expect when she misbehaves. You can give her a warning before the punishment, but not too many. I count down from 5 to 1, if they stop the behavior then they dont' get punished....if they continue, they know what the punishment will be. GL
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 1:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Watch a few episodes of Supernanny.
    Anonymous