Looking for 4th of July Fireworks advice with a 10 month old?! Help!

We are watching the fireworks on the 3rd and 4th of July with a 10 month old daughter. any advice for the noise, the 10pm start time? looking for tips from other moms that have done a 4th of July before! We are also going to our first parade...any advice?

Asked by JayGirlsMom at 8:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Bug spray. Lots of bug spray. My son did okay with fireworks as long as I was holding him, which says a lot because he's a huge pansy about everything. He cried today when we went through the automatic car wash.

Answer by RyleeMendez at 8:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Read a book from the library about fireworks and let the baby know it will be LOUD! and BIG! and BEAUTIFUL! and act all happy and excited :0)

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Yeah all mine have cried at that age. And I mean all of them. It's just too loud and scary. My advice would be to have a back up sitter that can take baby inside if they get scared.

Answer by Blaines_wife at 9:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• my son was 6 months old his first 4th of july and he loved the fire works didnt bother him at all. and we just let him take an extra nap later in the day so he was happy and awake during the firewokrs bring him a drink/snacks(if hes eating finger food yet) he might suprise you

Answer by jenntysmom at 9:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2008