advice on baby and xmas tree???

My son will be one in a week. And I have always put up my tree after thanksgiving. But this year I am worried. We live in a small apartment, and I am worried about my lil terrorizing lil man. Any advice on how to keep him out of the tree.

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 1:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i'm feeling the same way lol and dont know what im going to do
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 1:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• We bought one of those superyards, I believe it was $60 at Walmart. I don't know if it would fit in your apartment, but you can look at the dimensions.
    Anonymous

• I'd get one with sharp needles. lol. Actually I'm laughing but not kidding. Worked for my best friend last year. Or get a really soft one and plenty of cloth and plastic ornaments for the bottom half of the tree.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My DD never did anything to the tree, they are pokey and not really much fun. We did hand everything extra high up though. Mostly just don't leave them in a room long enough to do any damage
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 2:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• We bought a small tree and put it on top of our stubby bookcase last year when ds was nearly 2, but that was more because I didn't feel like rearranging the living room again. lol

His first christmas when he was nearly one we put up the big tree and just had the ornaments above his head (aka not on the bottom 2-3 rows) and he never really tried anything with it anyway.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• several options:

only put decorations on top
    put up baby gate or pin (check walmart or babies r us)
    no tree
    use this opportunity to teach your child not to touch
    time out or swat on bottom when they touch and set them down where the boundry you don't want them to cross is.
    etc.
    Anonymous

• Hmm, I cant remember what we did. I think I let our kids play with ONE ornament and that was the only one they were allowed to touch.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I put the breakables up higher on the tree. He was allowed to 'rearrange' his soft ornaments anytime he wanted to. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• We put a small rope around are tree when the boys were babies, so they couldn't pull it down on themselves. From one side of the wall, around the tree, to the other side of the wall.
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I was worried too and last year thankfully by 17 month told payed NO attention to it!
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 4:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2009