Favorite digital camera?

I'm looking for a point and shoot camera that takes great pictures. *this is the most important thing to me* I had an olympus that I loved (and loved the rechargeable battery as well... the XD cards, not so much), but my husband got a kodak to replace it and I can't stand kodaks (been through 4 of them). It died a while back and I have been using my phone to take pictures! (it's a behold, but still!).

Any suggestions? I was looking at the stylus 9000... also interested in nikon and cannon.

LeanneC

Asked by LeanneC at 1:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Technology

• love our cannon power shot. it has a home movie feature and the quality is great. even the audio is great.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Yea I was looking at the power shot... how is the response time? I hate missing pictures because of delays! Also, is it a rechargeable battery, or AA's?
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 3:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I'm a photographer. Nikon hands down. Superior products, wide range of products, great customer service..maybe I'm a little biased though. :)

I would say go for the D40. It's easy to use, point and shoot BUT has the ability to shoot in A or manual AND you can change lenses.

A lot of the cheaper point and shoots that I have seen have a delay and I really dislike that feature.

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 5:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• i have the canon powershot as well, and i loooooooove it!! my mom, dad, sis and brother in law all got one too!! they have the rechargable pack, so no batteries!! they take awesome pictures!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:09 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I have a Canon PowerShot SX 110 IS......It is an awesome camera! Before this one I also had an Olympus. Good camera, but I outgrew it. The Powershot does have rechargeable batteries, or you can use AA. And you can set your own response time, anywhere from none up to 10 seconds. It's the closest camera to a dslr. And they've come down in price since I got mine in February :)
    morningglory1

Answer by morningglory1 at 4:07 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I love my Nikon D40 as a beginner digital, versatile and easy to use, lots of options. I have my eyes on a D3000 next, but whatever I do I am fairly sure it will be Nikon. DSLR costs are coming down and features are going up. Shop around online before you hit the stores.
    To just do snapshots I also have a Nikon Coolpix I am very happy with (and was cheap.)
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 8:41 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I have a Cannon Rebel XT and its great. You can just point and shoot with it but its more professional then the others.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 11:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I have a sony cybershot and it is really nice and simple =)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 1:38 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• cannon or sony
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2010