What do you do all day SHAM"S?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Lets see when I was a SAHM I would get up and have some coffee and make my DD breakfast. then I would do some dishes (i didn't have a dish washer then) then I would take some time to play with my DD. After that I would clean the house up like vacumn,sweep, dust, laundry, by then it would usually be lunch time and then nap time with a little time to play in between. I would usually nap with my DD because I stayed up to late with my DH so we had a little time together. Then we would get up and go outside and maybe squeeze sometime in for yard work. After this back in to do so mommy stuff like computer or what not and then dinner. I was usually very busy because my DD needs a lot of attention, we only allow two hours of television so the rest of the day would be time for playing, not two hours all at once but like morning cartoons some before nap time and my DH likes TV when he comes home.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 1:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Play w/ my children, housework, shopping, errands, pay bills, laundry, try to find a short period of time for myself to rest and just breathe!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Cook.
    Clean the house.
    Pay the bills.
    Grocery shop.
    Banking.
    Run errands: pick up dry-cleaning, etc.
    Do laundry.
    Maybe work out if I have time left.
    Anonymous

• Sure hope that "SHAM" is a typo:) And to answer your question, I'm a housekeeper, taxi driver, accountant, therapist, nurse, tutor, disciplinarian...  the list goes on, and according to salary.com, I should be making around $90,000 per year:)

Anonymous

• Well according to my relatives, I sit around eating bonbon's all day watching soaps. LOL cleaning, shuttling children, volunteering at my childrens schools, cooking, you get the drift. Now that the youngest has started school I am adding on-line classes to get my degree finished..
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 5:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Since I have just 2 teens and hubby to care for I am sure that people assume I do nothing all day long. I clean the house, do laundry, start supper, occupy our 5 dogs who need a SAHM to take care of them during the day (take them for walks, play with them, etc.). I also make lunch for my teens every school day since they come home for lunch every day.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I am the founder and president of a state-based, grassroots, human rights organization. I spend much of the day making phone calls, sending emails, visiting with legislators, collaborating with sister groups, reading through dozens and dozens of drafted legislation and contacting sponsors, administering our website, facebook page and google group, scouring professional journal databases compiling research and statistics and contacting professional groups and association asking for their endorsement.

I'm also writing a research journal article that will be submitted for peer review.

I cook, clean do laundry, attend mom's club, am President my church's young families group, play with my son and am the editor of my church's newsletter which has over 300 readers.

I'm also back in college persuing further education.

I am four times as busy now as I was with my full-time Social Work job. So, what do you do all day OP
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Currently, my kids are in a virtual public school, so I supervise their education. I do housework, but I won't lie to you, housework is secondary to the schoolwork.

When my kids were in a regular school, I took care of the house, and had tons of me time. I read, took walks, went to the coffee shop on the corner, etc. I don't drive and we lived in a small town then, so I would walk to pick up things from the grocery store or from the drug store.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 7:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• DONT FEED THE TROLL!
    Anonymous

• I still have one at home, but when she goes to school in the next two years I have a plan. My plan is to volunteer in my field. Being in the military we move a lot and it is hard to find a professional job. So I will offer my services as a volunteer but I will take all the same breaks as my kids and work something out for the summer. I am really looking forward to that. And if I can I will get my masters as well. It is exciting to think about. To be working in my field and have time for my children it will be perfect.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2009