How to get my daughter to stop peeing outside at school?

My daughter is almost 3 years old and has been potty training for a few months now. She does really good at home with going in the potty. But at school she will just pull her pants down and go outside. I don't know what to do to get her to stop. I am afraid that if she doesn't stop she won't be able to go back to school. Any advise?

yummymummy7

Asked by yummymummy7 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Not to make light of the situation, but you just cracked me up! My brother did this cause we lived in the country..this will be one of those things you will laugh about someday!!!! In the meantime I would talk to the teacher and work out a way to be sure your dd goes before she is taken on the playground. If she goes outside she needs to be told no by the teacher and sat in time out..or taken to the bathroom or whatever you guys decide.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• The teachers need to be taking her to the bathroom frequently, then she won't NEED to pee on the playground.
    Anonymous

• Hey you :) Is it possible that there is a little boy at school that may have shown this to her??? She must have got the idea somewhere. I agree with the other posts though, I think the teachers need to step up and help you instead of just telling you about it for you to fix. If they are going to take her outside she should be taken to the restroom right before she goes outside and frequently during playtime. My guess is that she is just having so much fun she doesn't want to go in and pee.
    Mommy2E2007

Answer by Mommy2E2007 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• The teacher told me that she does go to the bathroom before they go outside. But she will still pee. I have been thinking and when I take her to the bathroom she will go a little bit then ask if that is enough. So I am thinking that she may not be getting it all out. And they might have to watch her very closely when she does have to go the bathroom. We have no idea where she got this from, the only thing we can think of is that she is getting it from the dog.
    yummymummy7

Answer by yummymummy7 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• that is so funny you can tease her forever 4 that!
    i teach, did prek for 4 yrs, have been teaching primary for 6, i would say, if she can pee before she goes out and she is chosing to pee outside, punish her for it, when she pees, she has to sit at teh sidelines and watch the other kids play without being allowed toplay until the recess is over. it is worth a try anyway, it is the most simple answer. another thing -- if that doesnt work, could they bring a training potty outside with them? i did that when my son was 3 and PTing. i wonder where she got the idea from, have you asked the teacher if the boys do it, and she should be treated teh same as a boy doing it... good luck that is a funny ??
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2009