baby won't sleep, she wakes up every hour please help!!

My 7 mo old i believe is teething probably from what the dr said. She won't sleep and she wakes up every hour. It s really rough on me cause i work full time during the day too. What can i do to help her sleep. I give her the teething tablets, she gets a nightly bath, i give her tylenol. I just don't know what else i could do.

ninawiseman87

Asked by ninawiseman87 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my son had teeth coming through he was very wakefull at night. But it was usually only a few nights. If baby is waking in pain, id check for fever and such. Or if she is tugging at her ear or anything. Maybe a ear infection. They are very painful for babies when they are laying down. But if its just teething you could try popcicles, or a cold wet wash cloth. Baby oregel. Every child is different and handles their pain differently.
    Anonymous

• my son did this too - we did teething tablets, oragel, tylenol, rocking, actually, my son is 2 and getting 2 year molars and the past 2 weeks has been waking 2-3 times a night and I have ended up on the floor in his room holding his hand through his crib rails and giving him oragel and rubbing his back when he wakes up - ugh.. teething has been a night mare for him AND me... nothing I did made it better. my SIL used olive oil - not sure if that would work? good luck - I went back to work after 2 months so I feel your sleepless pain
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• co-sleep.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Have her checked for an ear infection. Not all kids get the typical symptoms - when my kids were little the first "symptom" was waking up frequently at night - sometimes it was their only "symptom".
    Anonymous