MY BABY IS COUGHING ALL NIGHT AND NO MEDICINE WORKS

hey my 12 month old baby doesn't stop coughing all night and no medicine works at all any advice of something I could use for the coughing to stop..

MommyOfJayden23

Asked by MommyOfJayden23 at 2:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son has never had a bad cough, but i do know that humidifers help. Maybe try elevating the head of the crib. Or call the doc maybe its something serious.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 2:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• have you tried a cool mist humidifer or sitting in a steamy bathroom? have you tried elevating the mattress a bit with a folded towel or blanket underneath one side? is the cough phlegmy or dry?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Try Vicks on the bottom of the feet with socks. Did you talk to the doctor? It could be asthma. My son had asthma and the doctor gave him Singulair and it worked. He was coughing non-stop.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• At 12 they are old enough for honey and you could try that. His throat might have a tickel. Is he having any sinus congestions? It could be post nasal drip and when you lay him down it makes it worse.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• HE HAD BRONCHITIS A FEW WEEKS AGO..
    MommyOfJayden23

Answer by MommyOfJayden23 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• dark chocolate will stop coughing in a second. NOT milk chocolate. just a little bit, like half an ounce. You can melt it and he can suck it off a spoon.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Did they give him anything for it? I'd take him back because he might have developed an infection.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• What does the doctor say? You want medical advice from a message board. If his coughing is that bad you should be talking to the doctor!
    Anonymous

• baby boyDoes it sound like a mucusy cough then Mucinex would be good then again any cough medicine should help atleast to slow it down. Have u tried puting afew pillows under neath their mattress so he can be upright alittle not so much laying completely flat that way it will drain downward not towards the throat. Put something on his sides so he won't slide side to side. I hope this helps if not sometimes we just have to wait it out. I hope you both get the sleep you have be needed. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• DId dr give you any albuterol? My son has had a lot of issues with bronchitis and allergies and once got pnemonia. The albuterol really helps with a mucus cough. My son has a horrible cough right now too and thats what I am using along with benydryl to break up the cough.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2009