Giving out Homemade Pierogi for Christmas...good idea? Also need creative minds for a poem or saying to to with them! HELP!

So after years and years of putting it off.......last month I attempted to make my own Pierogies with MUCH SUCCESS! OMG, they were so good and so EASY! I had memories of my grandmother slaving over them for hours with my Aunts and Mom and that had discouraged me for years from even trying! STUPID ME!

Anyway, I thought that it would be fun to give out bags or boxes of pierogies (frozen with directions for preparing) for Christmas instead of treats. 1st of all, I'm trying to be healthier and don't want to eat 1/2 the treats I make. 2nd, it's different and I thought it would be a cool thing to take around instead of cookies and fudge etc.

Feeling totally UNcreative today, not to mention I have a headache from Hades! Can any of you think of a cute little saying or poem or something to include with the pierogies?? Much Thanks!

Nika

Nika75

Asked by Nika75 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Pierogi Poem

Polish pierogi served hot or cold
    Should never be heavy or taste slightly old
    They should be toothsome, golden and light
    And twisted together if making them right
    Pirogi filled with potatoes, prunes or cheese
    If perfectly prepared make me weak in the knees
    54313MomOf4Boys

Answer by 54313MomOf4Boys at 2:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2009