I need help for my baby i cant take it anymore.

She is 7 weeks old tomorrow. She has really bad smelly farts and does them alot so loud she sounds like an adult. She spits up all the time. Barely sleeps because her stomach is bothering her. Very fussy. The doctors put her on zantac on the 4th . Its done nothing.. It keeps getting worse. Today she is spitting up and swallowing instead of letting it out of her mouth so she chokes on it. She is hardly sleeping. I burp her ever 5 to 10 min. Shes only breastfed. I am eating no dairy or eggs. Please someone tell me what is wrong with her.

LostAngel1986

Asked by LostAngel1986 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would get another appointment, she may not be able to tolerate milk. Well everyone can spout out what it can be but you doctor will know what to do if their first plan isn't working.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 2:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• The doctor thinks nothings wrong and babies just spit up and have gas deal with it. Theres only one other ped in town and their worse then the ones im going to..
    LostAngel1986

Answer by LostAngel1986 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• could you have an overactive letdown? I would also cut out soy.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• breastfeedingI would get a second opinion if nothing else can help. Atfirst I thought maybe it was the formula but you said you have been breast feeding...that is a new one for me I would probably be freaking out too. I hope your baby girl feels better and you too very soon.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I would probably go on an elimination diet and talk to her doctor about her meds. Sometimes they can adjust them at different types or dosages and things to make it work for that baby. I feel for you. My daughter had reflux and allergies and I kow how frustrating it is.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Get on a meat and potato diet for NOW and see if that helps. No fruit or veggies. Sounds crazy but my pedi told me that to help with belly problems.
    Anonymous

• The problem if I went on a high meat and carbs no veges is I had a cesarian and can't excercise it off. I've also gained weight in that area.
    LostAngel1986

Answer by LostAngel1986 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Lactation consultant? Does your milk spray everywhere when you let down? Because overactive letdown has a lot of the same symptoms as things like acid reflux.

Check this out:
    http://www.llli.org/FAQ/oversupply.html
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 2:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Turkey, sweet potatoes, pears and brown rice. That is dr sears elimination diet with the least allergenic foods of each food group. (and you will probably loose weight on it) Try just having those foods for a few weeks (yes, it takes a few weeks to eliminate everything from your system... when did you cut out dairy?) and see if there's any improvement.

Also, look into the overactive letdown. It will cause gas and spitting up and upset tummies... and it has nothing to do with your diet.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• It sounds like colic. It starts at around four weeks and tapers out around three months. I promise that your baby will be fine and won't remember this.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2009