"You're a bad mother!"

These are the words we all fear hearing one day. As a result of that, we beat ourselves up on decision making in doing what is the absolute best for our children. (At least a vast majority moms do that, I hope lol) I'm wondering though, instead of thinking of things that could potentially make us bad mothers, let's name off some things that make us awesome mothers! I'll start:

My three yr old loves when I draw a heart in the peanut butter of her PB&J lol

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 2:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My 4 year old granddaughter loves when I fold a paper in half and draw a half heart so she can cut it out and unfold it to make a whole heart. :)

Answer by Bmat at 2:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I wake up my youngest DDs belly button (who she named Flower) and Flower wakes her up. My oldest DD and I will just sit and talk about nothing.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My kids love to come home to the surprise smell of chocolate chip cookies made by their mama. Like today.
    Anonymous

• my three year old loves it when SO and i hold him down and tickle his belly and blow raspberries on it
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My son (16 months) loves it when I crawl around on the floor and play silly with him. I also make sure he colors, reads stories, and finger paints through out the day. We are always busy :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I don't care if my daughter says she hate me becuase I know that I'm teaching her a valuable lesson and will be thankful one day. Thats what makes a good mommy. Willing to do what is hard or unpleasent becuase they know it really is for the best. Like watching them be taken away for surgery or forcing medicine/fluids down their throat to help stop the vomitting / diahrrea. Setting your foot down and saying no to dessert when she refused to eat dinner. If you want to call me a bad mommy, go for it!
    Anonymous

• I'm a good mom because my daughter is happy and healthy and super cute lol. She didn't get that way on her own! She is very loved and well taken care of.

And I can't think of anything I do that hasn't already been mentioned that won't be controversial so I'll just leave it at that :p
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• This wasn't meant to be a controversial question or to bash anyone. I simply came up with the idea of having people say what they feel they do that makes them an awesome mother. I think that we should all take pride in what we do. This was just meant to be for fun. I swear there's always a Debbie Downer posting herself as anon...
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 2:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I'm a fun Mommy who loves to laugh and hear DS laugh....
    We played outside in the rain (when it was warm) after it had been raining for 4 days straight. The kids across the street stood with their noses pressed against their storm door watching us, like they wished they had a Mommy as fun.
    We make messes in the kitchen. We jump on the bed. We play tag in the house. We don't care if we get dirty, it washes off. We eat popsicles for breakfast, sometimes. We jump in piles of leaves. We spend a loooong time playing in the bathtub. We just have fun, in general, in our house. We are not lawless and without rules, but when you follow the rules, you get to have more fun than when you don't!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 2:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I'm a good mother because I drop everything when my baby needs me. I will always be there for her and encourage her to do her best in life. The most crushing thing someone ever told me was a 'friend' (who I dumped) who said "you are not ready to be a parent.' I was pregnant at the time. I will never forget it and I will never forgive her. Now that I"m a mother, I see how little she knows about parenting/motherhood,not having any of her own or ever wanting them.
    Anonymous