How do I get a cat to stop peeing on stuff?

I have a male cat that is fixed and de-clawed. He gets plenty of attention, cat box is always clean, and has food and water all the time but yet he still pees on our clothes. Usually it's the clothes that get thrown in the laundry room on the floor but still. I can't take it anymore. I try my best to stay on top of laundry but any mother knows how easy it is to get behind. Any tips? Also, how do I get the smell out of our clothes when I wash them? I can't seem to get it out so I keep washing them.

Amanda_Jo1209

Asked by Amanda_Jo1209 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Pets

• Go to your vets office and ask for cat attract. You put it in a freshly cleaned litter box and it makes them want to go into their own box to go pee. I had my male cat fixed after he started "spraying" my house. After he got fixed I still had the problem so my vet put him on some antibiotics for a bladder infection, and then I also was given the cat attract. Never had this problem again! Good Luck!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Typically, when cats do this they are marking. My child hood cat would do the same thing when clothes where left on the floor. It had it's benifits my husband learned to pick up his clothes off the floor. But it could also mean he has a bladder infection so you may want to have him checked out. Something that helps with behavior issues is Comfort zone with Feliway plug in.  Cat Attract can also be found in pet stores in both the kitty litter and powder or whatever it is.   That is great for teaching or reteaching cats to use the box but is not great for cats that are marking at least in my experience. 

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 3:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Have your cat checked for a urinary tract infection ASAP. Our cat will not use his litter box if I get a different brand of cat litter.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 7:42 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Put the damn thing outside.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Nov. 18, 2009