black mold!!!!

i painted the bathroom with kills but the grout in between the tile in the shower wont come clean no matter what i do. any suggestions? plus we have an entire wall that runs the entire length of our apartment that is brick! it molds every few months and i keep having to repaint it. what should i do?

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 2:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Home & Garden

• we just found black mold on my sons wall yesterday (it has the bathroom on the other side). We talked to the dr and they said that bleach and water (water down the bleach), and scrub it. Then every few weeks just spray the area with the bleach/water mixture to kill any new bacteria growing.

Kill will usually cover old mold, but it sounds like yours is still alive and growing....good luck.
    54313MomOf4Boys

Answer by 54313MomOf4Boys at 2:49 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Whenever I notice mold in my bathroom I too use bleach but I use very little bc I am using straight bleach I usually open the window and spray away bc that stuff can kill you whew it is so strong but then again our bathroom is in the very back towards the back of the house it's just the toilet and the tub and the window so I can do this with no problem but with my other bathroom I just squirt very little where the mold is and wait then clean the bathrooms good as new. Or if you have time try using baking soda and peroxide let set for 15 minutes and scrub with an old tooth brush. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• bleach will kill this kind of mold but you do not want it in your airways, and make sure that your filters to your furnace are changed when you get rid of it. occasionally it can spread through the air and grow on the filter and get in your air and make you VERY sick.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:49 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• move. seriously, if you can make plans to move, move out of that place. If what you have is the toxic black mold ( Aspergillium )I would get out of there.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• most notably, black mold usually comes from the AC unit and is spread through the ductwork into every room not the other way around. Or you have a continual leak, moisture problem, or drainage problem from outside water.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:31 AM on Nov. 18, 2009