Do you think my memory is off??

About a month ago, my mom called and asked if my SO would want to see a certain performer in concert. It was a country music so I said I didn't know since he isn't a fan. She then told me she was buying us tickets for my birthday and that my sister asked my mom to get one for her DH. My mom said it was supposed to be a girls night out but since my sis's DH was going, did I want her to get one for my SO too? I said ok thank you very much! We never discussed paying her back, I thought she was doing it for my birthday. Now she is texting me asking me to pay for his ticket. I said I would pay her since he wasn't aware that he had to pay her back and she's like "You asked me to get him a ticket." and I said but you called me asking if he wanted to go! And never said anything about paying her back. I plan on paying her for it but I'm wondering if paying her back was implied or should she have said outright, you need to pay me back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• She should have said it. Like if I invite my friend and her husband out to dinner with us I plan to buy their meals.....
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 3:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• She should have said it but learn from the experience and next time ask. You shouldn't have to but just make sure things are clear. That is just tacky that she would make you pay for it since it is your birthday

Answer by admckenzie at 3:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• she should have made it clear.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• It could be that she bought yours for your birthday but that anyone else who came had to pay for their own. She should have been clear about this. Next time you'll know to ask or to offer to pay. If you offer, she can say thanks, or she can say oh that's OK I'm paying. Either way it is clear.

Answer by Bmat at 4:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2009