Are you more likely to buy from another mom or a corporation?

As and owner of a handmade store Laylalegs.com. I am trying to do some marketing survey information on this.

kitty410

Asked by kitty410 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the mom
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 3:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Depends on the cost & the quality.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I'd need to know more to answer this...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 3:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• If there were mom & pop shops near me, or online that were affordable and good quality, I'd always support them over corporations.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 4:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I always try to support "the little guy" vs the giant national chains. I will try to buy local, but if not a mom or mom and pop, then at least a smaller chain.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 4:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• depends on the cost and the quality of the product. i love supporting moms rather than larger companies
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 4:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• If I KNEW about the smaller places and they had nice stuff at a reasonable price...I'd go with them first. It's just that oftentimes, smaller operations have to charge an arm and a leg OR the stuff just isn't up to par. So I guess it depends on the company, the product, etc...
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 5:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I shop at Etsy quite often. 1. I like helping out the "little guy" 2. You can find more unique gifts than the stuff everyone can find at Wal-Mart, Babies R Us, etc. I'm also a member of a cloth diapering forum and a couple of Whippet forums. I can't remember the last time I bought a dog collar at the store and I just recently ordered a couple pocket dipes from one of the ladies on the cloth diapering forum.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2009