Does anyone know where to find an affordable attorney for custody?

My dh is fighting for his two young kids, ages 4 & 3. Their mother has been found neglectful by DSS (on the state child abuse and neglect registry) been found unable to make decisions in the best interests of the children and is about to have her rights severed to her oldest son (7) by Christmas. We cannot afford thousands of dollars for a retainer, is there anywhere you can go for an affordable attorney or to help you get an attorney???? We are going to court in Va Beach, Va if that helps any. Please help these kids. She has seen them once since December of last year and they were so far behind, I just don't want to lose them. She has threatened to take her oldest son and run with him from his father when they got custody like we did, so I think it's legit that we are worried..... Any help????

JalynnMarie407

Asked by JalynnMarie407 at 3:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• Thats a tough one, start with a volunteer lawyers project in your state.This could take forever to get in and then you may never get a vunteer lawyer!

After that I would suggest a legal plan that will cut your rate significantly! I have a friend who does this, give him a call @ (240)381-7314

Emma Weekly

SuccessPreneur

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Hi. I totally know what you are going through. My husband has a son and the mom is such a crappy mom but my situation is a little different. Anyways..That's a whole other story.

Ameriplan has a savings plan called SECURE NET. There is no contract so you could use it for the time you need it and then cancel.I

It offers 5 different things:
    1. Legal Services-Free and highly discounted services, Free consult call, document signings, etc.
    2. Financial Services-Debt Relief, Credit Repair, Forclosure avoidance, bankruptcy counceling...
    3.National Child ID partnered with the FBI
    4.Identity Theft Protection- Insurance, restoration, repair
    5.Roadside Assistance-24/7 Nationwide

So this might help you witht an attorney. There are over 80,000 attorneys available and it would save you TONS plus you could get some of it for free :)

ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 10:25 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Here is the website, I guess I went over the lotted space above LOL

www.apsecurenet.com/christinadennis

ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 10:27 AM on Nov. 18, 2009