How to naturally thin your cervix?

im 9 months. My Doc says my cervix is still very thick. How can I help it along other than walking? I dont want meds or anything just something to start the process a little faster? Also I figure if I start helping it now it will help reduce risk of induction..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Get distracted, lol.
    Pay no attention to the vaginal exam results-- and decline future ones. This can really (!) help you to avoid unnecessary future complications.

Is this your first baby? How many weeks? Any complications?

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:49 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• yea there is really nothing you can do other than wait. sometimes your cervix will not efface until 42 weeks. :) gl!
    Anonymous

• oh and just say no to induction unless there is a real medical need :) you will be just fine
    Anonymous

• Those Vaginal checks are crap and do nothing but stress you out.
    Women aren't built the same...biology is not exact.

Some women DO NOT dilate or efface UNTIL labor and this is NORMAL. There is nothing wrong with your cervix that you need help. Other women can be dilated for weeks and weeks and they too are perfectly normal.

Your cervix is fine. It knows what it is doing.

I declined all VE and you know what? My cervix didn't need any input...I gave birth without needing someone to tell me stations, effacement or dilation. Women are not textbooks :)

The only reason you would need a VE is if you are in labor tossed flat on your back and numbed from the waist down..because then you could injure yourself because you can't feel anything and the biofeedback loop is all messed up.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• By the way, there is no risk for induction.

You have the power to say no. They can not do anything that you don't allow. If you don't want an induction, say so. Be adamant and don't make an appointment. And if they make an appointment for you anyway against your will, don't show up.

No one should be talking induction unless there is a serious problem. And there should be no discussion about induction possibilities in a healthy pregnancy until after the 42 week is complete and even then monitoring would be preferred over inducing.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2009