What do you do to stay (or get in) shape??

I woke up early this morning and decided to go for a walk with the baby and the dog. A short walk turned into three miles, with a huge hill at the end. I got home just a bit ago, and I'm feeling really energized and happy, like I could conquer the world!
What do you all do to stay in shape? (Yes, chasing toddlers counts, lol!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• We have an energetic 2 year old daughter and a St.Bernard pup - so between running around after both of them at home and taking daily long walks - I get quite a bit of exercise in each day.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I walk the dogs, play ice hockey once a week and lift weights for an hour 5 days a week. I'm in really good shape and very happy about it!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 4:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• OP Here.
    Blueliner: Good for you! I wish I had half the motivation you seem to have.
    I try to walk my dog daily, and I work in an environment where I'm always going, lifting dogs in and out of a bath tub, wrestling with hyper dogs, herding cats, etc, and every two weeks-ish I have a riding lesson, which is a lot more physical than most people think.
    So actually, I do exercise enough, but the weight isn't coming off. Blah.
    Anonymous

• I use to walk everyday 3 miles around a lake, and at every bench I would step up and down 10 times each leg. I really got into good shape, then I got prego with my daughter so now I have to start all over again, but it was worth it!
    Juicy_Mom_of_2

Answer by Juicy_Mom_of_2 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I love cardio(running)I run a few times a week..I decided to walk today though...lack of motivation today lol.I usually run on my days off of work.I also do weight lifting as well.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Juicy: I walk 3 miles on my usual route, and at the end there's a big hill. I walk forwards up half, and backwards up half when I don't take my DD (pulling a jogging stroller backwards up a steep hill wouldn't be safe, lol).
    Natties: I can't run, because I have terrible knees, and horseback riding is too much stress on them as it is...not that I'll ever quit!
    Anonymous

• i love to exercise. it does make you feel energized & like you can take over the world. it releases seratonin (the happy juice). i walk with the baby as often as i can, its getting cold out here so not so much anymore. i go to the gym as often as i can, usually 4 days a week 2 hrs a day, i would like to go more though. i park further away at stores & things like that. i have some 8 pound weights at my house and an ab roller machine. i also eat healthy, no carbs, drink lots of water, take mega-t green tea pills & drink celcius drinks. i also love to swim.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Turbo Jam and ChaLEAN Extreme :)
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 8:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• wrestle...yoga...walk...I have to watch with the running, I have asthma and depending on how extreme the temperature is it gets really disgusting...walking is fairly safe, so I just walk longer to even out the calories burnt...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 5:13 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I run 4 miles 5 days a week and do pilates 4 times a week for 30 minutes. I also watch what I eat and keep a food journal writing down everything I eat.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2009