Your thoughts on this article, please...

http://safelibraries.blogspot.com/2009/11/molestation-in-elementary-school.html

Why is there no mention of treatment or help for the little girl?
Why is the librarian still working? Does the librarian really think someone who is doing something wrong is going to tell on him/herself, and what are the options for a child whose education is being disrupted by someone acting out?
Why will the school not help the boy by moving this girl out of his class?
Last, but certainly not least... WTF??????

figaro8895

Asked by figaro8895 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Makes absolutely no sense. At least where I am, the librarian AND the child would have been suspended until the completion of an investigation.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• The librarian in question clearly handled things badly. The male student was intimidated by the librarian into putting his hand down and has now been sexually assaulted. Sick.
    Anonymous

• The Librarian had no clue what was happening to him so she is not at fault in my opinion. I would investigate the little girls family I would wager she has been molested. She should be removed from the school period and probably from her home if she was in fact molested by her dad or an older brother. The little boy should be given an apology from the school and the Librarian.

If this had been a little girl being abused by a little boy the police would have been called and he would have been expelled. This is ridiculous.
    Anonymous

• not only should the libariran be under investigation but so should that girls history.. apparently she' has seen or experienced way too much.

when my son was in the third grade a girl passed a note to him. The teacher happened to see it and intercepted it..when she read it.. it said in nasty vulgar words that she wanted to perform oral sex on him. her father couldn't believe it and wanted to press charges on my son a few weeks later claiming that he was harrassing his daughter. He was a cop.. but we knew higher people than him and so it stopped dead in its' track. come to find out later, that little girl was being molested by a neighbor.

i think an investigation is due in more ways than one. ps.. my sons school also refused to separate them.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 6:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Sue the school and they will move the girl. The mother of the boy should tell the school that the girl did not learn this at school, she is also getting abused at home.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2009