Labor signs?

I'm 35w3d and yesterday I was having contractions that were 5-6 minutes apart, they weren't bad. I've been losing bits of my mucus plug and today I lost most of it, or the rest. I've been having contractions today, along with diarrhea, back pain, and cramping in my lower stomach.. somewhat like menstrual cramps. I was walking on a treadmill and it made the contractions stronger and then I got a sharp pain in my pelvic area. Should I call my doctor or just wait it out? I'm not in pain now, just having contractions about every 15-20 minutes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would call your doctor to make sure. I was 3 1/2 cm dilated when I finally went to the doctor, I was 40w5d and incredibly uncomfortable. I didn't even feel anything, so it was a shock when she said "I hope you brought your hospital bag, because you're heading there right now to have your baby!"
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I'd defnitely call so they can have your records updated with what you're going through and their advice. Don't ever be afraid, you have a human being in side of you pushing to get the heck out - that's two human beings who need care not just one. You're paying them to be on call for you and for appontments. You're not doing anythng wrong by ever calling them.

You're getting close, congratulations mommy!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• i would rest as much as possible. being so early , i would also tell my midwife/OB. if you just take it easy, you should be able to keep baby in for a couple of more weeks. :) gl!
    Anonymous

• Also like to add that when I get a contraction, it feels like menstrual cramps. I have to wait to call in the morning, the office closed at 4:30
    Anonymous

• rest, rest and rest.....call the doctor in the morning....
    Anonymous