5 teeth @ 8 months?

My daughter will be 8 months old on Friday. My husband just informed me that her 5th tooth is cutting through! She has her bottom 2 teeth, her top left front tooth, the tooth to the left of that one, and just today her bottom tooth to the left of her front bottom tooth. OMG, I've just never heard of this. The pediatrician said we should see two top teeth by 9 months when we were at her 6 month check-up (she already had her bottom 2 teeth).

Is this weird or normal??

redmoonintexas

Asked by redmoonintexas at 4:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's fine. My oldest cut his first tooth at 6 weeks. From 4 months until he was 24 months he had as many teeth in his mouth as he was months old. My youngest however, did not cut his first tooth until he was 9 months. My grandson had his first come in finally at 12 months. It's all normal.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• my dd is the same way she had 4 teeth at 7 months and is cuting more now she is 8 months old now
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 4:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• There is no "normal". There is "average". It's not unheard of to have 5 teeth at 8 months and it's not unheard of to have zero teeth at 8 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My son started teething around 3 1/2 months old.. had his first tooth by 4 1/2 months and had nearly all of his teeth by 10 months old. It isn't that uncommon. Just like with every other "milestone" babies go through them differently. My nephew didn't start cutting teeth until he was a year old.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 4:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Yes, I think that sounds relatively normal. Cutting teeth can be really unusual with kids. Some kids are all gums at a year and some cut their first tooth at 3 months. My son took forever to cut his first tooth, and then three came in at once.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 5:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• .my son had his first 2 teeth at 4 moths.by 8 months he had 8 of them,4 on top and 4 at the bottom.every baby is different
    ol4ick

Answer by ol4ick at 6:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My daughter had her front 8 at about 5 or 6 months and she will be 12 months next week(thanksgiving) and she has about 11 or 12 teeth!
    She is our first child so we didnt think anythign of it but everyone seems to be shocked! lol we are learing that with babies...you cant be shocked about anything. they are all different
    ashleynicholeee

Answer by ashleynicholeee at 11:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2009