Can you visualize your Thanksgiving Day?

A beautiful golden brown turkey with all the trimmings and sides mmmm I can't wait.

Can you be specif on your visual....:) At the same time I am getting ideas...lol Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I am visualizing handing the pleasure off to one of my older daughters...her getting up early to stuff the turkey, peel the potatoes, boil the eggs, bake the pies, make the sweet potato souffle, the greenbean casserole, passing on the secret of how to get her gravy to brown up - adding coffee! - and last, but far from least, leaving when it is time to clean up! Ha, thanks for the opportunity to dream...it will not happen in my lifetime! Happy Turkey Day, you all!
    momof2g3b

Answer by momof2g3b at 9:05 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I'm visualizing all my baking. I make apple pie from scratch and I also make the world's best banana bread (mmmmmm!) This year I am thinking about making a snowball cake, too. I got the recipe in an email the other day and it looks really good.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 4:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I am excited about it! We are having Turkey and Ham, only because I got the Ham at an amazing deal. Dressing, Cranberry sauce, moms homemade wheat rolls, mac and cheese, green bean casserole, brussel sprouts, deviled eggs, and sweet potato casserole. And for dessert I am making apple pie and cookies that look like turkeys. Yum...I am hungry just thinking about it. I also love leftovers from the holidays, I could eat on it for a week! I love that our families come to our home!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 5:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Yes, my plate will have a bit of turkey, mashed potatoes, sausage stuffing, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole and corn pudding on it, most of which will be drizzled with fabulous gravy and right in the center will be a little pile of pearl onions in cream sauce which will ooze into the rest and make everything that much more delicious. Oh and of course a plop of cranberry sauce. This is my absolute favorite meal and I will eat the same plate for lunch and dinner on Friday and again on Saturday =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• pumpkin pieturkey dinner  The smells coming out of the oven. 

Yummmmm!eating

Anonymous

• Oh Yeh! Deep Fried Turkey and all the trimmings - over looking the ocean from the bluffs, toes in the sand, people lined picnic tables - oh yeh!!!

at the beach

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 11:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• yummm. we are having pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, dinner rolls, chocolate chip cookies, and a home-made apple pie with vanilla ice cream, and olives, pickles, stuffing. mmm yummy
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 1:54 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• We are having a veggie roast, yams, some sort of wild rice cakes, jello mold and a yet to be determined dessert. I know that DH and I will spend the day in the kitchen works our a$$es off for the usual suspects who will leave about 15 minutes after eating. I'm a little bitter this year. I enjoyed it much more last year when we took the kids to the mountains, skiing and hiking, and had roasted salmon, green beans and each had an individual dessert from the store.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:46 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• mmm real mashed potatoes fresh tender carrots the whole fmaily around the table lots of noise and smiles and warmpth that has nothign to with tempature
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 8:59 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I'll be having leftovers LoL.. SO and I both have to work all day and the kids will be at their dads. No sense in making a big dinner for 2 of us...besides I don't get off untill 3 p.m. and he gets off at 7 p.m.
    jat08167

Answer by jat08167 at 9:01 AM on Nov. 18, 2009