Working Moms, what's your cleaning schedule like?

For those of you who are employed full time out of the house, how do you keep on top of housework? I get home at 5:30 and the last thing I want to do at the end of the day is housework! Sometimes I do a big cleaning job on the weekends, but a lot of times I don't! I feel like my house is always a wreck. How do other moms do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Cleaning? Huh?

At the moment,. it's "whatever I can do." I'm working two jobs.

But I do find the methods on flylady.net to be very helpful. I spend no more than 15 minutes on ANY task. If it's not "done" that's OK as long as it doesn't involve anything toxic or wet! I swish the toilet with the brush every morning after I go to the bathroom. I swipe the sink with a paper towel after brushing my teeth. All the little things.

The house is nowhere near perfect, but it never will be and I'm OK with that.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Don't really have a schedule, just put in a load of laundry when I get home, do the dishes sometime between dinner and bed and the rest waits until it is noticed when I have a few extra minutes. Like this past weekend I realized the piles of magazines and mail about to fall off the counter so I went through them! I can't really do a heavy weekend cleaning all at once because DS palys hockey so we are gone so often on weekends, but one thing at a time as I get to it.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 5:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• 1-2 loads of laundry in the morning, then off to work, home from work cook dinner, clean up atleast half, wake up do nec. dishes, vacuum instead of laundry and repeat...dusting gets done on weekends and so does the bathroom
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I work and go to school, cleaning tends to be the last thing on my mind. I am a single mom of a 13 yr old, so we use lots of disposable plates, cups and utensils so that cuts down on dishes. I bring laundry to my moms and she will add it to her clothes. I have piles that I need to go through but it will wait until I have winter break in December. I try to clean a little each day, but that isn't always possible. I am gone most days from 6:30am- 9:30pm.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• my just turned 2 son gets up at 5am,.. which means so do I. I make breakfast and while he's eating if he's not crying for me to sit next to him, I do the dishes and wipe the counter and tables and feed and give the cats new water. Then I get him dressed and I shower, he is usually in the bathroom trying get me to play with HIS bathtime toys, once out of the shower I take the towel I used for my hair and wipe down the bathroom counter and floor with it to get all the dust and hair from the cats off. then I head to bring max to "school" and go to work, I pick him up, go home, make dinner, while cleaning up dinner, I take a rag and wipe the floors down. I leave the vaccum and dusting for the weekend and my son goes to bed at 8 and I try to do a load of laundry every night. and / or go grocery shopping or run my errands for the household needs or get gas for my vehicle. my husband works nights so is mostly too tired to do much.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• like tonight I made dinner and did the dishes while my husband ate with my son, then after I put max to bed, I did a load and put another one in, then went through the mail that was on the counter and bills from the bench so both the entry and kitchen counter and laundry was getting done while I poured a glass of wine to do it all lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• When I worked, I did all the cleaning on the weekend. Anyone who wanted to complain mid-week was welcome to fix whatever was dirty.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I do a load of laundry every day or every other day. I clean a room every day or every other day. My daughter and spouse help too.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:19 AM on Nov. 19, 2009