have you ever got station at a place you hate ? how do you handle it ? im a military wife

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I tried to make the most of it. I tried to do any touristy thing I could find to do because I knew I would never go back there on purpose. I also reminded myself that it was only temporarily, and when I knew the time we were expected to leave I started marking the days off my calendar.
    Anonymous

• I've never been anyplace I really hated. I wouldn't like Wichita Falls Tx. We visited DS there, I don't think I'd be happy there. Where are U? I really loved NC and if we hadn't retired in TX we would be there.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 5:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• yes 9 years at McGuire/Fort Dix. Hated every day . lol. Ahh worked fulltime, spent a lot of time at the beach, was a soccer mom and tried to stay busy.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 5:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• hawaii
    Anonymous

• We are stationed at Fort Drum Ny and it makes me want to kill myself......its so depressing here and the only cool thing is right down the road is a zoo and a park. All i can say is I took up latch hooking, and im also baking foods for people like a lil in home buisness. Im from NC and I never thought I would say it but i miss it.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 5:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Havent been stationed in a place I hate with my hubby yet.... BUT I was a navy brat and when my dad got stationed in San Deigo I hated it with every fiber of my being. (There is a huge difference between the West Coast and the East Coast.) Best thing I could say to do, is make the most of it. Take everything with a grain of salt, and make a joke about it. Rather than let yourself become annoyed at everything, laugh and consider it an adventure.
    Gypsy-Eyed-Mom

Answer by Gypsy-Eyed-Mom at 5:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Only place we ever were i Hated was Hawaiii. All I could do was suck it up and count the days until we got to go back to America. Yes, I know it is a state...live there a while and tell me you still believe that.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Hahaha. I'm the first Anon, and the place that made me miserable was also Hawaii! I did leave with one awesome souvenir - she just turned 13!

Anonymous

• I hate germany with a freaking passion! i lived there for 2 years and i hated it and i hated it lol the winters are very bad, there is nothing to do there and we didnt want to even try to look around and have fun because everyone is rude, the smell like crap and they look at us all weird when we would walk with our stroller. like we where aliens. the food is gross! I hate germany!
    Anonymous

• I really did not like being stationed in Portsmouth, VA, even though we lived in military housing in Va Beach. Too much traffic, noise, congestion, and people! I'm just not a city girl.
    What we did to make our 4 years there as pleasurable as possible was have our daughters get involved in various activies on and off base. One daughter took dance lessons, another took cheerleading and gymnastics, and another took a childcare class where she was certified in First Aid/CPR so she got babysitting jobs and worked a regular paying job, too.
    The base nearby (Little Creek Amphib) has a pool that we used to go to and the command used to have picnics on the beach.
    The city also has an aquarium, zoo, libraries, and is located near the tri-historical area (Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown). We also went to Busch Gardens every summer.
    We hated the housing and the city - the whole area actually - but we did okay.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:45 AM on Nov. 18, 2009