Teddy Bear Hamster

My dd's hamster has a pink bubble on one of his foots.He gets out of his cage sometimes.He is very smart.He is about 1 1/2 years old.Any ideas?Thanks.

momofsixangels

Asked by momofsixangels at 6:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Pets

• get rid of it. I had one that would escape from his cage just about every night. Once it chewed a hole in the hose to the dish washer and flooded the kitchen ..it chewed through my mattress...my fav. belt...and it would leave piles of food in every corner of the house. It was the most destructive animal i have ever seen
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Shay there are cages out there that they can't get out of.  We use a 20 gallon reptile aquarium and they have not found a way to escape yet.

OP It is possibly a cyst, wart or tumor of some sort. It may be benign and not bother the hamster at all.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• oh, i had a reptile cage with the chicken wire on top..they climbed on top of the tunnels and somehow managed to chew through the wire. I even replaced it and set the the cage down in a giant tub hoping that if they tried to jump out that they would just fall into the tub...they still got out
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• He i in a tank.I dont know how the stinker is getting out.We took the wheel out and even shut the door to the bedroom.We have 3 cats and they have chased him in the middle of the night.He is quick.My dd is scare its cancer.She is very attached her pets.Oh by the way his name is Spazz.
    momofsixangels

Answer by momofsixangels at 7:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Do you have more than one hamster? If there is more than one they are probably fighting. I had a hamster that used to escape all the time too. They're crafy little rats. Hope he is ok!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 2:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2009