Do you get along with your inlaws? If not what annoys you about them?

sweetpea532

Asked by sweetpea532 at 6:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I dont have a issue with my FIL. Mine is with my SIL and MIL... My MIL never does anything for us or my husband. she wont stop what she is doing for us but she will for her stupid grandsons from her daughters
    Anonymous

• Well I guess FIL's gf is as close to a MIL as I'm going to get. I can't stand her and how she thinks her and FIL can do know wrong she thinks she's perfect I hate that. But she's quick to point out when DH or I make a mistake. The rest of my in-laws are pretty sweet!
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I have to try to be nice. I "fake" being nice.
    His dad drinks way too much.. i've never seen him without a beer in his hand.. and he'll drink a 30 pack in a day and a half.. if not less. And then he DRIVES.
    My mother in law is such a B! She cried because me and my DH got pregnant. But she jumped for joy when her daughter told us she was pregnant.. though she loves my daughter.. she treated me like crap my whole pregnacy and is doing the same with this one.. crying and telling us we shouldnt have gotten pregnant again.. god only knows why.. whatever she's a B!
    same for my no good attention seeking SIL!
    Anonymous

• My FIL and his whole family is AWESOME!!! They treat me and my daughter from my first marriage like family and call my daughter their own. When she turned into an adult she got her last name legally changed to our last name. She has always wanted to be adopted by my husband, the ONLY father she has ever known since she was 18 months old.

My MIL and her family are a different story. I have nothing to do with them anymore. I tried to be the doting DIL, but my MIL ignores her 5 sons, 6 grandchildren, and brand new great-grandchild. I send her pictures and a Christmas card every year, but we never ever hear from her. She never has the time of day for anyone but herself, even when my husband takes our children to go visit her. She's not mean or spiteful, just selfish and ignorant.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• no not really. "your not coming to thanksgiving dinner?" MIL "yes but we will be there for desert" Me "You know what, jeff married kym (first wife) and now he marries you" "always doing what YOU please" i was dumb founded. my five year old was sitting at with us while she said this to me at MY DINNING table. nice isn't it. and all i ever did for her, some ass kisses, taking her punches and trying to dodge them. BUT my kids love her so much. i can't just stop the relationship. UGH>she loves to spoil the holidays. she even told me she wont claim her first granddaughter her own until me and my husband were married. we got married..didn't show. she had to stay home with her DOG who sprained a muscle. yah. so. i do love her. but she doesn't get the i could be the easiest person to get along with.

mommieof4girlz

Answer by mommieof4girlz at 7:12 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• The fact that they let their drug addicted loser son (my brother in law) and his skanky druggy girlfriend live at their house and then expect my kids to spend the night over there. NO WAY!!! I have been through this with my own brother and my parents had to practice some tough love and kick his butt out!
    I love them but they need to get a grip. That man-child of theirs and his skank steal from them, drive their vehicles around with no license, mooch off them....it frustrates me to no end! And I don't want my kids around them.
    Wooh! Didn't know that was going to be a long vent.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• my MIL is great, absolutely fantastic - but my FIL is a complete moron - he's bitter about their divorce 2 years ago and tried to ruin our wedding and the birth of my son by cussing my MIL out as loudly as he could. needless to say, I told him off and we no longer speak.
    groovy1031

Answer by groovy1031 at 7:54 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My only issue with my MIL is that she does not come around often. My kids do not even know who she is. Her husband is a piece of work. He actually accused me of child abuse! DH just laughed and said that anyone that even slightly knew me would never believe that. Dh's father passed away recently, and that was a hard blow to all of us. He was a wonderful man, and is greatly missed. As far as DH's siblings go, well we will not get into them. They have been totally written off. Ahhhh, inlaws. They make it hard to love them and the law makes it hard to shoot them. LOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I get along okay with my FIL and MIL but I have huge problems with the rest of the family, mainly my BIL's wife. My husband's brother and his family, and his sister and her family have money and they dont' understand what it's like to struggle. I've never fit in with them. I was raised differently and now that we are all Christians and don't drink or let our kids run wild like they do, we are the black sheep, the religious weirdos. My BIL's wife has been posting really nasty comments on my Facebook page the last couple of months and it is bugging the daylights out of me. We are invited to their house for Thanksgiving and we're trying to come up with an excuse to get out of it without hurting his parents feelings. I'd honestly rather just stay home and have dinner just the 4 of us and not deal with the rest of them. It was a nightmare last year.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:55 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Yeah I get along with my inlaws really really well. Everyone on my hubbys side, which is about 50 people I absolutly love. Thank God!!
    falanlee

Answer by falanlee at 8:06 AM on Nov. 18, 2009