Can anybody believe this!?

My 18 month old just had his first night ever without a pacifer on Sunday night. He screamed for two hours. Last night, his second night, he only cried for 10 minutes and went to sleep! I can't believe it! The paci is gone!

justluvinmyson

Asked by justluvinmyson at 6:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Congratulations!
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• yay! :D my son left his when he was like three months and he just didnt want it after that.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 6:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Wish it had been that easy for my youngest. She drove me nuts for 2 weeks screaming for over an hour every single night for that darned thing. She was almost 2 at the time.
    My oldest gave it up on her own just after turning 2. She lost her last one so when it came time for bed I had to tell her there was no binky. She cried for maybe 30 minutes off and on then fell asleep. The next night she asked about it (after not mentioning it all day which was weird because up until then she always had it in her mouth), cried for maybe 5 minutes then gave up. The next night she asked but didn't say anything else about it when I told her we didn't have any more. The night after that...nothing. She went to bed without wanting or needing it.
    Again: wish it had been that simple with my youngest, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Yep. I did it three times.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2009