Does such a device exist?

I would like something that I can put a dvd into (one that I've created myself with my video camera) and have it copy itself to another dvd, all in the same device. Does it exist?

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 6:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Technology

• Yes there are a couple of things like that... one for your pc and one that isn't... I can't think of the names, but dh is looking at one now to put our tapes onto dvd... Go to Radio Shack and ask or to a outlet that carries electronics they should be able to tell you and when I can find out from my dh what he is looking at getting I will let you know...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Yes, you can get a DVD burner for your PC.
    Anonymous

• My poor old computer won't handle that. It's a laptop and I would have to upload the DVD and then burn it from there. I thought I had a program on my pc that did that, but I was unable to get it to work. It thought it would be easier if there was some standalone device that would copy it. Maybe a freestanding dvd burner?
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 6:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:52 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• External DVD burner. Be sure to get one that is compatible with your operating system and version and laptop.
    Here are a few good ones to consider:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=external+dvd+burner+for+laptop&x=0&y=0

PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 12:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2009