ged?

is it really as hard as they say it is? i was never really smart in school and im affraid to take the test. i tried the classes and had a really hard time with it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in

• I only went to the 10th grade and passed it with flying colors.
    I didn't take any of the classes, but if you're struggling with the classes you probably wont pass the test.

Dont be afraid to ask for extra help.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 6:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• You can practice for free on line:

http://www.testprepreview.com/ged_practice.htm

There are lots of other free practice sites. Just google "ged practice" and you'll find a whole bunch of sites. Good for you for going for it! It's usually easier than people think. Sometimes high school has too many distractions to really concentrate on classes. I bet you'll surprise yourself as to how much you will enjoy it.

Good luck!
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 6:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• i got my Ged this past summer....it was not as hard as they say. i dropped out of school in the 11th grade..after 8 years i took ged classes then took my test. ...honestly it is more of a confidence thing...i was scared to death...but i took every practice test they had in my classes...and my teacher had to almost push me to take the real one. you CAN do it!!! BELIEVE IN YOURSELF! and stick with it...best of luck to you.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 6:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• u can take it as many times as u need and just study as much as u can i heard its really easy im in the middle of getting mine now (i dropped out in 11th grade) but if u are going to get it u need to do so now bc obama is changing it in 2011 mayb sooner he wants to make it to where u have to test college ready and that test is gonna be soo much harder thats why im gettin mine now and thats what my ged teacher said i have 2 jobs and a 7 month old and i do my classes online and that makes it easier for me
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 8:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I finsihed 10th grade and passed it my first try. Seemed easy to me. i would suggest classes if you are concerned and they will test you to see where you are at and work from there! Good luck:)
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• thats insane that he is changing it!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• aidensmama8, your GED teacher is a paranoid republican. Obama is not changing the GED tests. The GED is state wide, not national so the federal government doesn't make it.

Anonymous

• Your local library will have prep books so you can study on your own.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:54 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• It's hard if you have not learned the material or have a problem focusing on testing. Many libraries have the workbooks so you can go through them and work a bit at a time. There are free classes for the GED. Most people can't just walk in and take the test and walk out if they have not been in school for a while. We all forget stuff if we don't use what we learned. My grandson is going to go take some pre-test to see what he needs help with. Then we'll sit down and work on it but at 19 he thinks he should party more than study. lol That's up to him but if a person wants something bad enough they will knuckle down and study and get through it. Online sites to study might be ok but if you don't understand what it says or how they got an answer it might not be as easy to understand as having a real teacher there so you can ask questions. Never be afraid to say you don't know something. It only means no one taught you correctly

Answer by admckenzie at 11:53 AM on Nov. 19, 2009