Do you crave attention?

I hate to admit it, but I need to have attention to help me feel good about myself. DH and I have been married for 5 years, and lately it just seems like the relationship is fizzling no matter what I do. He works a lot at night, and I work during the day so we rarely see each other plus we are both exhausted. He doesnt want to put any effort or work in. There is a man at work that I only see every so often, but he will be there all week this week. He is cute and a big flirt. We had a lot of "banter" today and I just loved it and felt so great to have attention like I used to get all the time when I was dating. I would love that from my husband, but its so hard to do the right thing when I get it so much from other people.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• I do- I'm sorry but everyone needs a little attention. especially if your like me and have self esteem issues. We all need our egos stroked from time to time.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 6:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• is there any way you and your hubby can take a day or two off from work to spend time together?
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 7:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Not really. He doesnt have any sick or personal days yet, and I would have to get a sub and I dont want to use my days unless the kids are sick. We have the weekends together, but they are usually busy with family activities. He has tried a few times to give me a massage or something to get things going, but it just seems like there is no spark sexually, even though everything else is fine.
    Anonymous

• sounds like your the one who is bored with him cause you miss the exitment of a new relationship but just remember how important your family is to you and you need to try with you husband or you will regret it. Cause even if you get into a new relationship you will end up in the same place you are now again. Yes it is nice to get attention but that is as far as you should go.
    Anonymous

• You sound normal but far from the concepts of mental monogamy. What happens when you give your husband attention? Does he reciprocate or just zone out on the tv or something? This reminds me of a book I browsed at once. I will try to find it online and send you a link.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 10:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2009