What is a good age to tell a child the truth....

About santa!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• never. they will figure it out, hell im 20 and my mom is santa, i get gifts from santa still.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I told my oldest before she started middle school which is 6th grade here. I didn't want her to go to school after christmas or before and say something and be made fun of.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I would never come out and say santa isn't real. My son is 5, and has asked if santa, easter bunny, tooth fairy, ect... are real, and my answer is always, What do you think? So far he says he thinks they are real, so I go with that.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 6:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Santa in our house is like a cartoon. it is real in my kids eyes. but we let them know he is make believe. not in a harsh manner. but we try to let them know the true meaning of Christmas. and not take away from that. instead let them know that Santa is just something fun and make believe that we do. do they still believe in santa? yes...do i encourage them not to? no...let kids be kids....it is all about imagination fun and fantasy. i mean what little girl didn't believe her favorite princess was real?...and what little boy didn't believe the ninja turtles were real? in my opinion...let them be kids and have their fun with it. if they are asking you then they are ready for the truth....but be gentle about it...
    Anonymous

• when they ask. I told my kids that Santa IS real- in all of us. and my kids are 16 and 13 and they still get a "Santa" gift every year ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• DH and I don't believe in lying about Santa...our kids will get gifts from Santa, but they'll know that Santa isn't real.
    Anonymous

• I'm letting all my kids figure it out on their own. Until they come out and ask about it I won't say one way or another.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• They will figure it on their own and at times pretend with you for years on end. lol
    Anonymous

• Why are we in such a rush to take away the innocence? We never actually told our boys. They figured it out, but we still kept letting Santa in. It became a fun joke that they loved. Now that they are grown (the youngest is 14), we talk about Santa as the spirit of giving without expecting anything in return. It is our parallel to God's gift to us, and they know the metaphor of Santa. If you don't want to do the religious tie in, then just have fun with your kids and enjoy the season. I'm 50 and Santa still comes to see me!

santa blue

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I have always told my kids the truth. My youngest one will not believe me though!
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2009